Good afternoon everyone!
Last night we had an officers/directors meeting and were able to discuss A LOT! So here is an update to catch everyone up on everything since we were not able to have our monthly meeting this week.
1. The officers and directors voted to give the Leonard High School graduating senior class three $500 scholarships. Brandi has already gotten the check to Mr. Maxwell so that he and the scholarship committee will be able to give it out to the deserving students that have filled out the applications. This is the same amount that we have done over the last several years.
2. The officers and directors also voted to move forward with 141st Leonard Picnic and continue plans! We have still been working on the planning during the last several weeks, but we were able to pull a lot of it together last night. There are several other events that will be going on during this summer and around the same time. And if there are any special requirements or restrictions in July we have plans to adjust accordingly.
a. Tentative Schedule is below, with expanded entertainment and carnival times, and new events!
b. T-shirts should be available by the June meeting.
c. We have raised over $20,000 in sponsors!
· Thanks to our 2020 picnic sponsors! The sponsorship deadline passed on May 22 – we appreciate every one of you.
3. The officers and directors also voted to cancel this year’s banquet and hold an awards ceremony on Thursday night of the Picnic. We looked into fall dates available at Magnolia Grace and with everything else that goes on in the fall none of the dates worked with everyone’s schedules. We did, however, book the 2021 banquet at Magnolia Grace on Friday, April 9th, 2021.
a. For any business that has already purchased tickets we can either hold those over until next year’s banquet, or we can issue you a refund.
4. Attached is the Treasurer’s report from April.
5. We do not have minutes from April, since we did not have a lunch meeting in April.
6. We will keep you all updated, but we should see you all at the Church of Christ on June the 9th!
Thank you all, and I hope each and everyone of you are doing well! I can’t wait to see the folks that I haven’t run into in a while!