I wanted to start out by saying thank you to everyone for being so supportive throughout this year. The officers and directors have had to make a lot of tough decisions this year and your kind comments, words of encouragement, and support have gone a long way.
I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone who had a hand in the planning of the Picnic this year. Even though we did not get to see the finished product, there was a lot of work behind the scenes. Thank you to all of the officers and directors, and each and every person who attended a meeting. Thank you to all of the folks from the City that helped along the way with planning. A huge thank you to all of our sponsors and everyone who contributed to making this year bigger and better. We were well on our way to making this year special! We are all disappointed, but we are excited to make 2021 something to remember, so please stay tuned!
- The fireworks will be shot off from around the City Park Pond at 9:30 pm this Saturday, July 18. Please park your vehicle somewhere in town where you will be able to see them! The big lot west of the City Park will be open, but please stay in your vehicle or on your tailgate, and park in a mannerly fashion so others will be able to get in and out!
- If you were a sponsor for the Picnic this year you should have received an email asking if you would like to receive a refund or keep the money in the Picnic fund for a 2021 sponsorship. Please let us know so we can get checks out ASAP.
- Most of the deposits that we had already paid out will carry over to 2021 so we are working to keep the same line-up and a similar Picnic plan for next year!
- T-shirts are still on sale **This will make a great collector’s item one day!!**
- Twelve O’clock Siren Scavenger Hunt
- The Twelve O’clock Siren will be hiding Leonard Picnic Prize Packs around town this weekend, in an effort to provide some entertainment with the lack of Picnic activities. Prize Packs will include any swag that local Picnic Vendors and Sponsors want to contribute – freebies, samples, promo pieces, pens, koozies, bandanas, shirts, coolers, etc.! Once the Packs are hidden around town, the Twelve O’clock Siren will post the pictures to their FB page as a clue! They will tag your business/organization if it is included in the Prize Pack. The more swag items they can get, the longer they can keep the hunt going! Thank you to the Twelve O’clock Siren!
- Items can be left on the storage box outside of the TTOS/Kikbax building (across from Knucklehead’s. Let us know if you have any questions.
- Liability Insurance:
- Last meeting you all voted on getting liability insurance for the Chamber. We now have that policy in effect.
- Last meeting, we all discussed that we were moving forward with Articles of Incorporation for a Non-Profit with Mr. Ben Munson. The paperwork has been filed and approved through the state.
- We are already working on planning Halloween on the Square! Darian Wilkinson is heading up the committee this year.
Thank you all so much! We hope to see you all again in August!