Leonard’s annual picnic has been a tradition since 1880, when settlers held a picnic on July 22 to celebrate the sale of the new town’s first lots.
The three-day celebration during the third weekend in July draws current and former Leonard residents, as well as visitors from all over the Metroplex to the square and Old City Park in downtown Leonard.
Recent festivities have included carnivals, fishing tournaments, the Miss Leonard pageant, golf tournaments, musical performances, BBQ, fireworks and more old-fashioned family fun.
Leonard’s all-school reunion is also held during this special homecoming.
Leonard Picnic News:
- Thanks for making the 140th Leonard Picnic a Success!
- Sign up to be a Vendor at the 2019 Leonard Picnic!
- 2018 Leonard Picnic T-Shirts are Available
- 2018 Leonard Picnic Schedule
- Leonard Picnic Themes of the Past
- Thank you Picnic Sponsors, Visitors and Volunteers!