We have a few spots left for the vendor fair at the Leonard Picnic, Saturday July 16 from 11 AM – 5 PM. Please fill out the vendor form if you are interested in participating.
Get more information about this exciting opportunity and sign up online today!
We are looking for volunteers to help during 2022 on various committees. You can sign up at the next Chamber meeting by sending an email to [email protected]. Below is a list of the committees and what each one is responsible for. If you have any questions please contact Elizabeth Christman or another chamber officer or director.
- Chamber Banquet Committee – This committee plans the annual banquet. This committee typically has between 3 to 5 people on it. The date for the 2022 banquet will be April 1st. The committee will be in contact through email and possible meeting in person 3 to 5 times. They are responsible for arranging for the meal, entertainment, as well as overseeing the silent auction.
- Yard of the Month – This committee usually has 2 to 3 people on it. They are responsible for selecting the yard of the month winners from April through September, placing the sign in the winner’s yard, letting the Leonard Graphic know the yard of the month, and reporting the winner at the monthly chamber of commerce meetings.
- Easter Egg Hunt – This committee usually has 2 to 3 people on it. They are responsible for planning the egg hunt including, ordering eggs, finding someone to be the Easter bunny, working with the city on use of the park, advertising, running the event the day of the egg hunt, etc. The egg hunt has always been the Saturday before Easter. The planning can be done through email or possibly one to two meetings in person.
- Leonard Picnic – This committee will consist of between 7 to 10 people. They are responsible for planning the 3 day event including all planning including entertainment, vendor booths, food trucks, carnival, parade, working with LSA on tournaments, working with band boosters on 5K, the pageant, advertising, working with the City of Leonard, sponsorships, etc. This group will work both through email and in-person meetings. This committee will meet probably 7 to 10 times starting in January and ending in August.
- Halloween on the Square – This committee will consist of 3 or 4 people. They will be responsible for advertising, working with the City of Leonard & TX dot to get streets blocked, getting organizations and businesses to set up booths, setting up the layout for booths, overseeing the costume contest, getting donations for things such as bounce houses, etc.
- Leonard Toy Drive Committee – this committee will consist of 3 or 4 people. They will meet a few times from October to December 2021. They will be responsible for getting the information to the Leonard Graphic and Leonard ISD. They will oversee the collection of Toys and the distribution of the toys prior to Christmas
- Christmas Activities Committee – This committee will consist of 5 or 5 people. They will meet from September / October through the first of December. They are responsible for the planning of the Christmas parade, advertising, working with the City of Leonard, sale of lollipops, etc.
- Greeter Committee – This committee will consist of 2 or 3 people. This committee is responsible for items for and putting together goodie bags to be taken to the City of Leonard and possibly other area water companies to be given out to new residents when setting up their water. This committee will meet as necessary throughout the year to put the bags together and get them distributed.
- Membership Drive Committee – This committee will consist of 2 or 4 people. This committee is responsible for getting new members and helping us retain current members. They will work through email and on occasion meet in person. They will primarily meet from January through March. They may go to local businesses as needed to take membership info to them.
- New Officer/Director Search Committee – This committee will consist of 2 or 3 people. They will meet during September / October. They are responsible for finding volunteers to serve as officers/directors for the following year. They will present their recommendations at the November chamber meeting.
Christmas Festival & Lighted Parade
December 4th beginning at 11 AM
Downtown Leonard Square
The deadline to purchase a lollipop that will be displayed on the downtown square during the holidays is quickly approaching. Please have your order submitted and the lollipop paid for by Tuesday November 9th. Please submit a request for your lollipop to [email protected].
Payments can be made through the chamber of commerce website (on the donation form, select other, and enter “lollipop”) or can be turned in at the chamber of commerce meeting next week.
The cost to display your lollipop or get a new one is $25, and this money goes to the Leonard Toy Drive. Lollipops are placed around the square at random.
Here are some examples from previous years (click image for larger version):