It is almost time for Halloween on the Square in Leonard, TX!! This year’s event will be on Saturday, October 31st from 5 PM to 7 PM. We hope everybody will be able to participate. We would love for your company/organization to set up a candy booth or game. Will you consider participating this year?
This event is sponsored by the Leonard Chamber of Commerce, but open for participation by ALL Leonard businesses! Individuals are not permitted to pass out candy for safety reasons. Your business/organization must be registered with us before permitted to set up a candy booth. Follow this link to register online – http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-5595498/form – Or complete the attached registration form and return by email or mail. Please let me know if you can help us with this year’s event! We appreciate your support.
I wanted to start out by saying thank you to everyone for being so supportive throughout this year. The officers and directors have had to make a lot of tough decisions this year and your kind comments, words of encouragement, and support have gone a long way.
I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone who had a hand in the planning of the Picnic this year. Even though we did not get to see the finished product, there was a lot of work behind the scenes. Thank you to all of the officers and directors, and each and every person who attended a meeting. Thank you to all of the folks from the City that helped along the way with planning. A huge thank you to all of our sponsors and everyone who contributed to making this year bigger and better. We were well on our way to making this year special! We are all disappointed, but we are excited to make 2021 something to remember, so please stay tuned!
- The fireworks will be shot off from around the City Park Pond at 9:30 pm this Saturday, July 18. Please park your vehicle somewhere in town where you will be able to see them! The big lot west of the City Park will be open, but please stay in your vehicle or on your tailgate, and park in a mannerly fashion so others will be able to get in and out!
- If you were a sponsor for the Picnic this year you should have received an email asking if you would like to receive a refund or keep the money in the Picnic fund for a 2021 sponsorship. Please let us know so we can get checks out ASAP.
- Most of the deposits that we had already paid out will carry over to 2021 so we are working to keep the same line-up and a similar Picnic plan for next year!
- T-shirts are still on sale **This will make a great collector’s item one day!!**
- Twelve O’clock Siren Scavenger Hunt
- The Twelve O’clock Siren will be hiding Leonard Picnic Prize Packs around town this weekend, in an effort to provide some entertainment with the lack of Picnic activities. Prize Packs will include any swag that local Picnic Vendors and Sponsors want to contribute – freebies, samples, promo pieces, pens, koozies, bandanas, shirts, coolers, etc.! Once the Packs are hidden around town, the Twelve O’clock Siren will post the pictures to their FB page as a clue! They will tag your business/organization if it is included in the Prize Pack. The more swag items they can get, the longer they can keep the hunt going! Thank you to the Twelve O’clock Siren!
- Items can be left on the storage box outside of the TTOS/Kikbax building (across from Knucklehead’s. Let us know if you have any questions.
- Liability Insurance:
- Last meeting you all voted on getting liability insurance for the Chamber. We now have that policy in effect.
- Last meeting, we all discussed that we were moving forward with Articles of Incorporation for a Non-Profit with Mr. Ben Munson. The paperwork has been filed and approved through the state.
- We are already working on planning Halloween on the Square! Darian Wilkinson is heading up the committee this year.
Thank you all so much! We hope to see you all again in August!
Please note that the picnic was canceled on July 7, 2020, due to the public health emergency.
Good Afternoon Chamber Members,
I hope you all had a lovely Easter even if it may have been a bit different this year.
It seems like a lot of what we do on the Chamber is plan, but this is something that nobody was planning for. Things are tough right now, we aren’t getting to be together for our regular meeting today, the kids aren’t in school, businesses are shut down, and businesses that are open are having to change up their operations. But from what I have learned about growing up, going to school, and running a business in Leonard is that this community supports its own like very few others. Leonard is resilient, we will make it through this together. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.
Since we last met the officers and directors have been in almost constant contact (at a safe distance!) because as you know we voted to first postpone the banquet, and then to cancel the rest of the events in April, including the Egg Hunt and our monthly meeting. At this time we do not have a whole lot of new information to report to you all. We have still been hard at work planning the Picnic July 16-18th! And we are looking at dates for the banquet that works around school sports and other events.
The next big thing that we usually do as a Chamber is vote to give 3 scholarships to the school. If in the event that we are not able to have our monthly meeting in May, the officers & directors will hold a vote to give these scholarships so that we are able to still provide this support in time to the 2020 Seniors, who have already been through a pretty rough year.
Thank you for your continued support of the Chamber. Stay safe, stay healthy, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
President – Blaine Alexander
Vice President – Marla Burks
Secretary – Elizabeth Christman
Treasurer – Brandi Treadway
& Our Team of Directors: Sheryl Stanley, Charlotte Garner, Kacey Blackerby, Linda Beckham, Kelli Blackerby, & Gaye Doyle
The Leonard Chamber of Commerce Officers and Directors have decided to cancel all of our events through the month of April. While we are planning on rescheduling our Annual Banquet that was scheduled for 4/3/20, we have now decided to cancel the banquet, our annual Easter Egg Hunt that was scheduled for 4/11/20, and finally we have decided to cancel our monthly meeting that was scheduled for 4/14/20.
We have not made these decisions lightly, we have taken the health and safety of the community into account, as well as recommendations from the CDC and now the declaration from Governor Greg Abbot.
We will make sure and send out an email to the members with a chamber update, the minutes from the last meeting, and the treasurer’s report on the 14th.
Thank you for your understanding at this unprecedented time. We hope that you, your family, and your business are all safe, and healthy.
Blaine Alexander and the Officers & Directors Team
UPDATE: The banquet has been canceled. See you in April, 2021.
Dear Chamber Members,
We regret to inform you all that our Officer and Directors team have decided in light of current events to postpone our upcoming Annual Banquet and Awards Ceremony due to CDC recommendations of limiting crowds of over 50. While we would all love to have a night of celebration of the past year with all of you, the health and safety of Leonard and the surrounding community is our first priority. We want to do everything we can to protect our members and their businesses.
At this time, we do not have another date scheduled, however, we will be having the banquet as soon as possible! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have already purchased tickets please hold on to them, they will still be good for the rescheduled banquet! For the people who have donated silent auction items, thank you so much we will hang on to them! We will be working with Magnolia Grace to plan a date that works with everyone.
Thank you all for your understanding,
President Blaine Alexander and the Officer & Director Team
We had great turnout at our February meeting. Here are some highlights:
1. Membership Dues! Attached is the 2020 Membership form and here is the link to our website: https://leonardchamber.com/join-the-chamber
3. Please take time to fill out your nomination for Citizen, Business, and Educator of the Year by March 1. These will be presented at the Chamber Banquet! Here are the links, to online forms. Forms you can print out are located here.
4. The Easter Egg Hunt will be Saturday, April 11th at the City Park. Music, pictures, and food will start at 11am. The egg hunt will start at noon!
5. Garney Construction will be hosting a 5k Run for Life here in Leonard on Saturday April 18th. https://www.runforlife.club/?fbclid=IwAR1uSLOKKBdo5bpw8oHLGTxCJCukPovagh-67m7PrjcB05_kCAwxy-pQauI
6. The Leonard Picnic will be held this year from July 16-18. We have already lined up Eleven Hundred Springs, The Blandelles, and The Buzz Andrews Band, and are hoping to get more!
7. We are looking for sponsors to make the Picnic even bigger this year! We are hoping we can get bigger bands, entertainment, and events going on throughout the picnic to attract larger crowds to Leonard and your business! Sponsors have already started rolling in! Let us know if you have any questions! Attached is a breakdown of the sponsorship levels, and here is a form you can fill out in a few clicks! http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-5253746/leonard-picnic-2020?fbclid=IwAR0ajDDzfWg7RS8ttfjD4UeHjx9hoGzZfNlh-0vexuV6r3CMnt7UebOcdW0
It is time to nominate Leonard’s Citizen of the Year, Business of the Year, and Educator of the Year. These will be announced at the annual Chamber of Commerce banquet that will be held on 04/03/2020. The deadline to turn in nominations will be March 2, 2020. The forms can also be picked up at the Leonard Pharmacy, Bear Creek Store, and First United Bank.
The forms may be emailed to [email protected], mailed to Leonard Chamber of Commerce P O Box 117 Leonard, TX 75452 or dropped off at the Leonard Pharmacy, Bear Creek Store, or First United.
Here are printable forms (.PDF):
You can also submit nominations online at the below links.